The monument is a project of the Architect Cottinelli Telmo and was designed for the Portuguese World Exhibition in 1940. The monument, being an ephemeral building, was intended to be demolished and so, built with non lasting materials.
In 1959, after the author passed away, it was decided to preserve the monument, and Architect António Pardal Monteiro was given the task of the interior arrangement and the execution project with definitive materials, based on the original project. The responsible for the structures’ project was the Professor Engineer Edgar Cardoso.
Direcção Geral de Urbanização
Belém – Lisbon
Creation of the monument’s execution Project, in definitive materials.
– Author: Cottinelli Telmo – Architect
– Execution Project’s Author: António Pardal Monteiro – Architect
Foundations and Structure
– Edgar Cardoso – Engineer