IST aeronautica - PMA
952
portfolio_page-template-default,single,single-portfolio_page,postid-952,language-en,ajax_fade,page_not_loaded,,side_area_over_content,wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-5.4.4,vc_responsive

IST aeronautica

The need to create independent facilities for the library of the Chemistry Department (that was spilling over the offices to the circulations and, even, to the staircase) implied the occupation of the spaces used by the AEIST’s Documents Section in its pavilion basement, which in turn, made the creation of another place for them essential.

This was achieved with the construction of a small building that occupied a part of the sports field benches, with almost no use, extending under the adjacent streets. Its outlines were guided by the intention to achieve a building with a minimum of presence, because of its closeness to the Central Lane; indeed, its height does not exceed the wall crowning that outline of the Lane, as previously occurred with the higher elements of the bench.

The fact that its coverage is a full restitution of the circulation and entertainment existent spaces must be referred.

 

Owner:

Instituto Superior Técnico

Location:

Lisbon

Construction Area:

1080 m²

Project:

1987

Conclusion:

1988

Program:

Project of a new building for AIEST’s Documents and Aeronautics’ Sections.

Team:

Architecture

– António Pedro Batista Pardal Monteiro – Architect

– Manuel Cottinelli Telmo Pardal Monteiro – Architect

– João Cottinelli Telmo Pardal Monteiro – Architect

– Paulo Antunes – Architect

– Amadeu Lourenço

– João Sobral Otero

– Rodrigo Moutinho

Foundations and Structure

– Paulo Reis – Engineer

Water and Sewage Equipment and Facilities

– Grade Ribeiro – Engineer

Mechanical Equipment and Facilities

– GPF – Grupo Português de Frio

Electrical and Telecommunications Equipment and Facilities

– GPF – Grupo Português de Frio

Category

EDUCATION, CULTURE AND INVESTIGATION