Stone Capital - Building "Rosemary22", Rua do Alecrim, 22 - PMA
Stone Capital - Edifício "Rosemary22", Rua do Alecrim, 22, Pardal Monteiro Arquitetos
Stone, Capital, Edifício "Rosemary22", Rua do Alecrim, 22, Alecrim, Pardal Monteiro arquitetos
1695
portfolio_page-template-default,single,single-portfolio_page,postid-1695,language-en,ajax_fade,page_not_loaded,,side_area_over_content,wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-5.4.4,vc_responsive

Stone Capital – Building “Rosemary22”, Rua do Alecrim, 22

The building is located in the historic area of Lisbon, Rua do Alecrim, an important connecting road of the riverside area to Chiado and Bairro Alto. It has a privileged urban situation since it is at the confluence of the Rua do Alecrim to the west, from the Rua de São Paulo to the south and the Rua de Ferragial to the north, benefiting from three unobstructed fronts.

The original construction is post-Pombaline, from the second half of the eighteenth century, and had subsequent interventions in the nineteenth century with neoclassical and other more recent features in the last century. It is characterized by a base structure of the type “pombaline cage” constituted by a three-dimensional lattice of wood conjugated by walls of stone masonry, based on vaulted base. It has six floors and attic, and the lower floors are intended for commerce and services and the upper ones for housing.

In the building, the property values are preserved through a careful rehabilitation of the whole. In the dwellings, the intervention is based on contemporary concepts of modernity, favoring environmental comfort and functionality, on the one hand, through the careful selection of materials and equipment, on the other, taking advantage of the vast fenestration that provides environments with luminosity and views of the city with significant quality.

Owner:

Stone Capital

Location:

Rua do Alecrim, 22

Lisbon

Construction Area:

3.223m2

Project:

2014/2015

Conclusion:

2018

Program:

Design by the architect Sara Ribeiro (2005) and developed and coordinated by Atelier Pardal Monteiro.
Building of the second half of the eighteenth century, constituted by 8 floors in which 3 are intended for commerce and 5 to 15 dwelling fires. Careful rehabilitation of pre-existence with contemporary parameters of comfort and functionality.
Housing: 2 T1 apartments, 9 T2 apartments, 4 T3 apartments; Commerce: 3 + 3 fractions.

Team:

Architecture

– Sara Ribeiro – Architect – Initial Project

– Manuel Cottinelli Telmo Pardal Monteiro – Architect

– Sónia Machado Mendes – Architect

– Paulo Fontainha – Arquiteto

– João Pessoa – Architect

– Catarina Fonseca – Architect

– Maria do Rosário Botelho de Brito – Architect

– Rodrigo Moutinho

Foundations and Structure

– Estiplano, Estudos e Projectos Lda

Mechanical and Gas Equipment and Installations

– José Rosendo – Engineer

Water and Sewage Equipment and Installations

– José Rosendo – Engineer

Electrical and Telecommunications Equipment and Installations

– Nelson Capote – Engineer

Safety and Fire Protection

– Fernando Figueiredo – Engineer

Acoustic Conditioning

– José Rosendo – Engineer

Photography

– FG+SG

 

Category

HOUSING AND COMMERCIAL, REHABILITATION AND RESTORATION